Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Possesion

D: Guys and dolls, strap yourselves in, its time for us to put on our constructive criticism hats. And what movie are we reviewing? Why its a exorcism movie that has just come out in theaters. Its (drum roll please)...The Possession!
Yes sir, based on a true story, this movie pulls us into the lives of a man and his daughters. Oh, the ex is involved too. During the girl's stay at their papa's house, the youngest Emily stumbles upon a neat wooden box at a yard sale and prompts her dad to get it for her. Soon she unleashes the horror that is locked inside the box and becomes the unwilling host to a demonic entity.
Now that you got the plot, here is what I have observed. This movie is...ok. It had very few scary moments. I mean the scenes that you see with the demon version of the daughter were ok. Not thrilling but nice. The girl was nice and creepy in her possession state. And the cool thing was that it wasn't another Catholic exorcism movie. It was a Jewish exorcism movie. Kind of nice to have something different for these types of movies for a change. I mean no offense to the Catholic exorcism types but there are just so many of them that they seem to run together. What was I leading to?..oh! My conclusion...
This movie was just ok. Some good creepy moments and in a way new idea. More of a suspense movie. But I wouldn't wait in line for this one when it comes out onto video. I will say this, the next time I see a horde of moths flying around, I'm gonna calmly turn around....and run!

N: Gosh. 25 dollar movie tickets. 5 dollar small drink. 5 dollar small popcorn. I now question about who is really possessed. Perhaps the movie employees have been brainwashed into charging so much in order to scare our pocket books to death. Oh wait that's not what I'm supposed to be reporting on. I mean that's horrifying, but in regards to the movie we just watched I would have to say that in retrospect it was an ok movie. Though this movie might be based on a true story; I think that whole true story deal has sort of gone state. Though I just happen to see a segment on TV about a real Dibbuk box so I guess some girl had become possessed.
So beware that within this strange box a demonic spirit prays on the innocent soul in order to find a new host. So if you find your child talking to a Dibbuk Box late at night then your going to be in a heap of trouble. And if you want to find out how to solve your possession dilemma then catch this horror/suspense thriller, but maybe not in a theater near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment