Saturday, October 13, 2012

Frankenweenie

D: Alright, we are dusting off a classic! A Tim Burton classic. Yes, his old short film from long ago (can't remember the date) is revamped and put on the big screen. Epic!
It's the story of a boy who looses his best friend, Sparky the dog. Devastated by the loss, Victor (that's the boys name..duh) digs his friend up and attempts to bring him back from the dead. Which he does. This sets off a chain of events that would be hilarious, heart warming, and creepy.
Now I saw the original version of this movie. The live action short that was I think great. And it was fun comparing the two. The animation was awesome, the story was awesome...it was all just awesome!! Plus it was in black and white. Now that's a classic horror movie move. Made it even better I think.
Conclusion...SEE IT! And I'm not just saying this because I'm a Tim Burton fan..which I am but that's besides the point. Its really good. Its a creepy heartwarming story that will make you love your pet even more. And may I suggest something? See the first version first. Can't really appreciate this one without seeing its roots. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to see if I can reanimate this gator head....Its alive!! AND IT BIT ME!!


N: Every boys dream. A personal home science lab and his best friend Sparky. This flick hosts a corky bunch  of characters that bring to life the ultimate classic. Through the course of the movie Victor faces a devastating loss and to reclaim his best friend he turns into a mad scientist. Against all odds he draws upon the power of lighting....but in the course of his obsession a group of strange characters steal Victors blue prints and turn a small quiet town into a town full of ravishing monsters that wreak havoc and now Victor must become the  one to stop the menacing creatures. Its a Tim Burton classic that all should not miss out on. Even though this is an updated version it still holds that artistic art direction and still casts a  beautiful quality.   If you don't like stop animation then I fee that something is dreadfully wrong with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment