Thursday, October 9, 2014

Immortality

D: A different spin on the whole vampire thing, its hard not to love this movie because who doesn't love Jude Law?
This is the story of a man who in order to live must drink the blood of his lovers. After he had finished with his latest victim, this charismatic vampire finds his latest lover in a young woman who just may steal his heart.
I can't say that I loved this movie, but I can't say I hated it. Jude Law gives a great performance, and Elina Lowensohn is wonderful. The story was interesting, but it had a few holes in it. One being, how he came to be the way he was. It was explained why he had to drink the blood of his lovers, but not his origin. I was more interested in that but none what so ever. Bummer. Still a better story than the current vampire movie trends. You know what I'm talking about. Sparkle sparkle.

N: In a world of his own between a reality that involves blood lust and seduction a abnormal vampire-beast must survive by immersing himself; so deeply in order to remain unchanged that he commits murder and is justly paced in the involvement of many deaths. Yet in the course of this film as I adored the concept and his decedent surroundings I feel that this flick fell rather short and with a unexplained reason for his long-lasting life, growing more tired-some. Perhaps I was lacking blood and needed to feast on the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment