Sunday, October 5, 2014

Lizzie Borden

N: A gruesome double murder is committed at the Borden household; A murder has slain, wheeling a hatchet. Chopping and trashing the frightful-poetic images really pump up the heart. yet this film falls flat. Its broad strokes of imagery captivates, but the downfall is the modern day music that becomes annoying and pointless. The true case is interesting, nonetheless I'd watch something else....

D: I have not seen the legendary Christina Ricci in much lately. But, I wish that this wasn't what I saw.
This is the story of the well known Lizzie Borden and the murder of her father and step-mother. It shows the odd family life, the murders, and the trial.
Disappointed, doesn't even cover what I felt while watching this movie. I mean lets do better people. Did they just tell Ricci to sound like the worst liar? I didn't even believe that she was innocent. I don't even think that she believed that she was innocent. And what was up with that music? I think that was the worse of it. It gets you pumped yes, adding modern day music to a movie based in the 1800s, but it was just distracting. Let me save you an hour and thirty minutes; Lizzie Borden took an ax...to this movie...that's what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment