Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Devil Inside

D: Here we go again. Another mockumentary. Well strap yourselves in puppies and kittens this one is about possession and exorcism. Like that's new. In this fun filled mocker we follow the documentation of a woman who is trying to figure out why her mom went crazy and killed three members of the clergy while they were performing an exorcism on her. Curious, she goes to Rome where her mother is being held in a mental institute and does some research on exorcisms. While visiting her mother she is convinced that the possibility that she is possessed is true and seeks the aid of two priests. They show her a real exorcism and she believes that they maybe able to help her mother. But soon things spin out of hand (as usual) and the cameraman, the two priests, and the girl become victims themselves.
Now, sounds interesting right? Well, we all know the mockumentary of a exorcism is no new thing. Personally, I thought the story was ok. But I think it would of done better as a regular horror movie, not as a mocker. But you know what really tiffs me? It..doesn't..END!! At what I think is the high point of the movie, the freak'n thing just ends, shows a stupid bleep about the case, and rolls to credits. Stupid movies that don't end! Even The Exorcist had an ending. Just a crappy sequel.

N: My thoughts become contorted as I reflect upon this movie. Contorted much like how the possessed characters in this movie had become when the evil inside of them had taken over. Indeed as the demons waged havoc within the victims a hellish nightmare is once again unleashed and this time no on is safe. A seemingly cursed family becomes involved in a triple homicide and like a lot of stories that I have seen countless times; years later a woman-the daughter recounts her tail and tries desperately to seek answers into her mothers sudden killing spree and how an exorcisms had gone so terribly wrong. A few of the scenes got my attention as the clergy in Rome attempted a exorcisms on a young woman and for several moments sheer tear and panic swelled inside me. Yet after such fear subsided I found myself glancing at the clock and wondering if this so called mockumentary was gong to have an official ending. Not likely I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment