Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Resident Evil

D: Oh my gosh, is it like, Zombie month or something cause we have been going zombie crazy...movie wise that is. And look, my tribute is to a zombie movie. And today kids, its Resident Evil!
Ok, so I know that not many people would probably like this movie based on one of the coolest games ever made. But you know what? I ain't those people, ha!
So this bloody gem is based off the game...you guest it, Resident Evil by Capcom. Only its been altered a bit. RE players will know what I mean. This movie is about Alice, a security chick for the corporation Umbrella, which is creating a virus that turns those infected into, can you guess? That's right, zombies. Alice and her rag tag team are trapped by these flesh eating hooligans and they got to shoot their way out or be trapped with them forever! And Michelle Rodriguez is so kick arse in this, as well as Millia Jovovich. Plus Marilyn Manson helped out with the soundtrack. He's a crazy SOB, but a genius one at that.
Now for me this is a great tribute to a great game.  Cause for me, a movie based on a game is just that, BASED. This one has a lot of familiar additives from said game. Zombies, Umbrella the evil corporation, zombie dogs, the train from RE2 game, even the licker makes an appearance, and a beautiful one at that. The point is, this is one fun ride of a movie that I remember seeing in the theaters, falling in love with and adding it to my movie collection. So if you want to see some awesome chicks kick some zombie butt then this is the movie for you. Yes, I have fond memories of seeing this with  my mommy. Ah mom, why you hiding your eyes? Look, zombie go nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment