Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cabin in the Woods


 
N: Join us for a short stay in a deep dark forest to which you shall find a cozy cabin. Though I must admit while I waged my bet against this movie as being a total bust, in some aspects I was right. But it would not be a horror movie if it did not have bad qualities. The movie reminded me so much as the typical flicks as a group of collage students (like Cabin Fever) decided to take a short vacation that lead them to a cabin that had more to offer than they knew. It took awhile to figure out the true reasons behind this so called game show that was being run by some devious scientists, and about half way through the movie things did get interesting as evil mainstream monsters and demons had been unleashed to cause havoc and death. Like I said, as this seems to go for a lot of horror flicks...the ending was offal.

D: Holy crabs man, talk about squeezing all typical horror movie with college students into one movie. Then adding the twist actually gives this type of horror genre a more interesting view. I mean come on. Who isn't tired of the usual slasher film where college kids no smarter than a drunk dog go out together in the middle of no where and release a curse or run into a psychotic murdering clown? Give it some razz, something less annoying other then the typical girl running away screaming.
To be honest, this may not of been the greatest movie ever, but it wasn't the worst. It does in a way pay tribute to horror movies past with its own version, but I wouldn't buy it. And if I wanted to choose the way my ending would be for me in if I had to get killed in a horror movie....I'm taking the monster down with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment