Saturday, August 17, 2013

Houe of Vocices

N: House of Voices was a beautiful and eloquent horror flick shot at an Orphanage, no doubt lured me into a mesmerizing trance. The characters such as Anna Jurin (Virginie Ledoyen ) brought forth a wonderful, but terrifying character that not only had a hidden secrete, but would do anything to discover the truth behind the mysterious of this orphanage.

D: Oh my dog! When  I saw that Christophe Gans was a producer for this movie, I all but freaked. I mean this is the man that brought us gems like Brotherhood of the Wolf and Silent Hill the movie. So this has got to be another work of art.
Its the story of a young girl who comes to a closing orphanage to be a cleaning lady. Apparently she isn't the only one who is keeping a little secret. The orphanage is hiding its own.
Now this movie isn't really scary. More like a mystery thriller that keeps you guessing. The only beef I have with this film is that you are left confused. When you are told that there is a horrible secret but you are not told exactly what it is. And when the movie is over you sit back and go...'what was the secret? Tell me!'  Don't get me wrong this was beautifully done. Its just when you don't get what the secret is, its like why bother even saying there is a secret? You know, this was done in English and French. Maybe the answer lies in the French version. My mission is clear. Find the French version, learn the secrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment