Friday, August 2, 2013

Last Kind Words

D: Ok people, we are entering a new level of weirdness. I don't mean, 'huh that was weird'. I mean, 'my mind, its been juiced', weird.
A family goes to work on the farm of a childhood friend. Their son makes a new friend who seems to be harboring a secret that just make you go, whoa. Not only does she seem to be hiding something, but the woods seem to be as well. Spooky.
This is not your traditional ghost story. It seem like it should be, but it becomes a complete mind bending flick that puts you in over load. And that's putting it politely. I like it because it puts a different spin on the whole ghost story theme we all know and love. Its not a in your face ghost flick tough. Its not scary at all. Its more of a, 'I want to watch a ghost movie but I don't want to be freaked out' type of movie. Myself, I like a action packed ghost story, with detailed information with cryptic meanings that make sense later. All I know though is that if I'm out in the woods and some stranger tells me that I shouldn't go to a certain area with no explanation why, I'm going to turn and run away screaming like the deep fried chicken I am.

N: Well movie fans. This horror-like flick might not be a completely scary ordeal, but does lure you into a strange deeply disturbing story of a young girl that is not quite what she appears to be.  Deep in the woods that surround a small farm she lurks day and night, eventually we are confronted with a horrid fact that Amanda-the girl has is harboring a dark secrete. All in all the eerie music and scenery of the farmland-woods and interaction of the characters brought this movie in full circle....and though we find out that the ending is only just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment