Sunday, October 20, 2013

Corpse Bride

D: Now who doesn't love a wedding? The cake, the gowns, the romance. What if the bride was actually a dead beauty?
In this stop motion movie by the grand Tim Burton, young Victor is arranged to marry the sweet Victoria. While out practicing his vows, he accidentally recites them to the Corpse Bride, Emily. She takes him from his dreary land of the living, to the colorful spirited land of the dead.
Now, I will admit that this is not the strongest of Burtons films. In fact I found some of the songs kind of pointless and tawdry. However, you can forgive that because of the story. Its a beautiful story and actually touches your heart in a way. You can feel the blooming love between Victor and Victoria, and you pity the Corpse Bride Emily for her tragic fate. This is a movie that you can sit down, wrapped in a blanket with hot cocoa and enjoy. I tell you though, I didn't know what I wanted for my wedding dress. Most girls do, but not me. However, I know now that I want what that Corpse Bride was wearing! So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment