Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Burbs

N: An electric-terrifying and hilarious film that involves a group of neighbors suspicious of a family that has just moved into the neighborhood. Its a fantastic cast. Tom Hanks, and even our very own Carrie Fisher. This 1989 film will leave you wanting to watch it again and again.

D: A film from the 80's, with some of the most memorable star's.
I know my counterpart has informed you of the story plot. But I will give a few more bits.
Now when a new family moves into the neighborhood, they keep to themselves. This does not go over with the suburban neighborhood as they are always up in each others business. When one of the neighbors disappears, Tom Hanks character and his friends will stop at nothing to prove that the strange new family is responsible. Time for my constructive criticism.
Why don't we have more movies like this?? Seriously people. Ok, it may not have been the scariest movie made. But it makes up for that with a great script and quirky characters. I so wish that there was more of this sort of creative writing. And its so quotable. My favorite is, 'I've been blown up! Take me to the hospital'!

No comments:

Post a Comment