Monday, June 11, 2012

Beneath The Darkness

N: You know what you will find beneath the darkness? Only darkness and nothing more. Poor Denis Quaid. What have you gotten yourself into? Question after question rattles around in my mind as I try and find any good parts in this movie that would be worth talking about. Its another horror movie where a devious mortician who has control of the town is hiding a very dark and disturbing secrete. It seems that he can't let go of the past and is reliving it every night behind closed doors. Actually, perhaps its harder than you think to let go of the past? In fact I know someone that lost her mother about four years ago and they keep voice message on the answering machine. Whats disturbing is that they play the message everyday. Everyday for the last four years. so in essence the main character replays his once cherished life with his once living bride. Oops did I reveal the secrete?
   Yet as this film continues and  people continue to get murdered, I find myself watching the clock. Thus, by the end of this stale movie I just want to forget what I had seen and find my own darkness to sulk in.

No comments:

Post a Comment