Thursday, June 7, 2012

Silent Hill

It's tribute time from the D! And what am I paying tribute to? Why one of the coolest adaptations from game to movie ever! I'm talking about the movie Silent Hill.
Now for those of you who don't know about the games listen. This movie is based off of the popular komani game Silent Hill series. In the movie, a mother and daughter go to the abandoned town Silent Hill to solve the mystery of the daughters nightmares and why she calls out the towns name in her sleep. As they near the town they get into a wreck and the daughter goes missing. The mother goes out to find her in the town and is soon introduced to the nightmare that has swallowed the small town.
As a fan of this epic game, its hard not to compare movie and game. But personally I think they did a great job. Especially with the monsters that roam the streets of the town. I think they did a awesome job bringing the grand daddy monster Pyramid head to life. Ahh you beautiful creature. I still cheer out his name whenever I watch this movie and he comes onto screen.
The story is good, the casting is awesome, there is a perfect amount of gore to satisfy the creepiest creep. All in all, I will never get tire of this movie. It is on my shelf and it will stay there. See it! See the weirdness that is Silent Hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment