Monday, June 25, 2012

Bride of Chucky

N: Never get in the way of Chucky or you wont be so lucky. That's right. You heard what I said and never mind my rhyme. This little creep show is out for revenge. So if I was the smart one and I know that I am I would just walk the other way and not look back in fear of becoming another victim...
Now after about 10 years Chucky arises from his slumber with the help of his longtime-estranged girlfriend Tiffany (Jennifer Tilly.) Though Chucky seems to be happy to be back in the real world his jealous nature overcomes him and he decides to take matters into his own little hands.
Thus, he turns Tiffany into his counterpart, which by the way the scenes of Tiffany as a doll are quite kinky, but you did not hear that from me. Got it? Therefore the two decide to take a little trip down memory lane in an effort to reclaim some property that just might move their souls into human bodies.
Though in a way I liked the movie it just seems like another sequel that has gone rather bland. As we know the previous squeals filmed in the 80s I would say are cult classics, but now after all these years they decide to make a new version in 1998. Then of course we have the Seed of Chucky, which is another matter I wish not to discuss.

D: Chucky!! Who doesn't love that knife wielding doll? Other than people afraid of dolls. Well in this 1998 movie his returns and this time the lovely Jennifer Tilly is with him as his girl Tiffany.
With her help, the killer doll returns and they out to get a new body. But after a disagreement with his devoted girlfriend Tiffany, he ends up taking her out and transferring her soul into a doll. Now in order to get human bodies....wait you read that? Well then lets go to my little final thought.
I remember seeing this as a teen and thought it was so cool. I still do. It maybe goofy and makes a mockery of the old Chucky movies. But its fun. You have some laughs, shed some tears, must mostly laughs. It's one of those movies you watch when you are flipping through the channels and can't find anything. And it's not scary...its fun! Of course some scenes your sitting there and wondering, 'who would do that with dolls'? But you can't deny Chucky's signature laugh. I love it. I want it for my ringtone.

No comments:

Post a Comment