Friday, June 29, 2012

Krull

N: Something strange is tugging at my soul. Ha I know what it is. Memoires. Memories that sweep me into my childhood. Yet its hard to describe these past emotions that I face as I began to watch this movie. But of course if you did not grow up in the 80s or early 90s you would have a hard time understanding how these sorts of movies such as Krull makes you feel. Its like going on a far off journey. A journy back in time.

Its a race against the clock as the Slayers-an evil force hell bent on taking over the galaxy capture the princess and now Krull must rescue the fair and beautiful princess from her evil captures. Thus, be prepared. Be prepared to be fascinated and at the same time let down. This syfy-horror like thriller has all the fantasy that you will need as you go on your journey. Though a little bit like Star Wars-the premiss is A typical of a fantasy movie such as this.

Though as I have said these sorts of movies take me back. Way back when the prop and set designs had all been done by hand and most of the effects had been done with a blue screen. Though while Krull strikes fear into his enemy and fights to save everything he loves we are joined by a band of misfits (a young-middle age Liam Neeson and a very dear Robbie Coltrane best known as Rubeus Hagrid in Harry Potter) and a very likeable cyclopes. Now the army is complete. Just be careful when watching the movie that you don't get trapped in the quicksand.

No comments:

Post a Comment