Sunday, May 27, 2012

Session 9

D: Alright crazy people, take a seat as we ramble on in our straight jackets about this one movie known as Session 9. Yep, a movie that takes place in the historical Danvers State Hospital in Danvers Massachusetts. It's a beautiful tale about a group of asbestos exterminators that are hired to get rid of the rotten stuff in a closed insane asylum. As the movie progresses we learn about the history of the nut house and of course about the characters who are just your average joe.
As the movie starts up and you are taken on a grand tour of the asylum and its creepy history. As they go through you are actually enthralled with the creepy atmosphere and the personalities of the workers.
Now this movie starts out strong and you can't help but wonder about the dark spooky history of the hospital and how it affects the characters. However..as the movie progresses you expect to see a nice scary scene. But unfortunately there isn't. It's just a nice mental movie that plays with your mind. It's not shelf worthy in my book. But its something different to watch other than the pink snake crawling up my wall....oh, there he is. Here snaky. Come to D.....

N: I am filled with an icy chill that courses through my body as we are introduced to this movie "Session 9" An asylum that has been closed for ages becomes the main stage and setting for this horror movie. The grounds are eerier as nature and death have overtaken the grounds and though the patients have long been dead or gone you can still feel as though the asylum is still flourishing. Silence echoes within the hallways and around every dark corner I brace myself in fear that something will slither out of the shadows. While sudden attacks of hysteria course through me, I try and grasp an understanding of the characters and who the real killer maybe.  While we become entangled throughout the movie the history of the asylum and a patient in particular comes to light I realize that I am not at all impressed with the characters development even though something horribly wrong is going on. I can only file this movie within Limbo. I am undecided at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment